The worlds favourite foldie is now in Indai. It folds down to a portable, practical size (585mm high x 565mm long x 270mm wide / 23” x 22.2” x 10.6”); so can be taken on other forms of public and private transport. It can also be taken inside (homes, offices, bars) so it is a lot less likely to be stolen.
Its ride position and agility are more than a match for conventional bicycles. Small wheels mean fast acceleration from red lights and increased maneoverability through busy streets.
It is tough and can take everything the city throws at it, every day. A steel frame, efficient and puncture resistant tyres, handmade with high build quality and a design that has been refined over 25 years means Brompton bikes provide years of regular city use and beyond.
The Vitesse D8 is designed fully for the purpose & needs for the commuter who uses multiple modes of transport between the bike, Bus, train or a Car. The bike has compact 20-inch wheels which at first may sound very small but with the unusual configuration of the drive-train gears they are able to achieve decent speed which are higher that a regular commuter bike. It is pre-fitted with a rear rack & mud-guard & crank-chain protector, a comfortable saddle & handlebar grips which solves the basic needs of a commuter bike.
TECHNOLOGY – SONUS™ TUBING
The “Sonus Tubing or Tubeset” is a design & engineered element of Dahon where the folding bikes are built to be as stiff as a non-folding bike. The Sonus Tubing was a result of countless tests & modifications with major developments in the torsional strength & stiffness of the frames. The Frame Tubes features a wide & flat base which is more resistant to twisting forces. The Sonus tubing is 35% stronger than the normal folding frames while being lighter as well.
VISEGRIP™ FOLDING TECHNOLOGY
Visegrip Folding Technology is a latching mechanism which has an exceptionally high degree of mechanical advantage, what it means is that they offer a folding mechanism while offering an exceptionally strong structure when locked down. Dahon’s Patented design makes it more easy to operate with a hinge that has been either made from sculpted aluminum or polished stainless steel & is designed to perfectly fit your hands during the operation.
The Vitesse D8 is equipped with Shimano ALTUS 8-Speed Shifter & Rear Derailleur. A Shimano 8-speed cog set with its largest teeth of 32-teeth & smallest of 11-teeth. The cog ratio is the same as many mountain-bikes & city-hybrid bikes but what makes the folding bikes different than the other two segments is the Crank-set. This bike is factory fitted with a 52-teeth sized crank which is bigger than most road –bikes & this is the major component that helps this 20inch bike reach insane speeds.
The rims of the Vitesse are fully alloy with alloy hubs built on a 20-hole rim-set on the Front & 28-hole rim-set on the rear for added strength. The wheel size on the bike is 20-inches & fitted with 20×1.75 tyres from CST.
The Brakes are from Promax, V-Brakes with 110mm arm which are very prompt in response & 3-Finger alloy brake levers.
Tern LINK B7
• Frame : Tern Link, aluminum, FBL 2 Joint, 3 patented technologies
• Fork : Hi-tensile steel
• Shifter(s) : Shimano 1 x 7 spd, twist
• Rear Derailleur : Shimano Tourney
• Crankset : Forged 6061 aluminum, 52T
• Cassette/Freewheel : Shimano 7 spd, 14-28T
• Bottom Bracket : Two-piece
• Chain : 7 spd.
• Pedals : Folding, alloy body
• Front Hub : Mini, aluminum
• Rear Hub : 7 spd, aluminum
• Spokes and Nipples : Stainless steel
• Rims : Aluminum 20”
• Tires : Impac StreetPac, 47-406 / Kenda Kwest, 20 x 1.75”
• Handlepost : Q-Lock, forged aluminum, patented
• Stem : Telescope, 6061-AL
• Headset : Cartridge
• Handlebar : Flat bar, 6061-AL
• Grip/Bars Tape : BioLogic Ergo, kraton
• Saddle : Velo Comfort
• Seatpost : SuperOversize, 6061-AL, micro-adjust clamp
• Seatpost Clamp : SuperOverize, 6061-AL
• Brake : F/R V, aluminum, linear spring
• Brake Levers : V, aluminum bracket/lever
• Brake Cable & Housing : Anti-compression housing, slick cables
• Kickstand : Deluxe center mount
• Clip System : Magnetix 2.0
• Luggage Socket : No
• Folding Size : 39.5 x 80 x 73 cm (15.6” x 31.5” x 28.7”)
Giant EXPRESSWAY 1
IMPROVED FITNESS AND FUN COMMUTING HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS CONVENIENT. JUST UNFOLD EXPRESSWAY AND START PEDALLING.
Whether you’re carrying it on the train/bus or pedalling through city streets, Expressway has everything you need to make your commute faster and more fun. The lightweight, durable aluminium frame is outfitted with quality brakes and easy-to-use gear shifters. Its slick folding design lets you pack it up easily for storage or transport. Its 20-inch wheels are small enough to stay out of the way but large enough to roll smoothly, even through rough city streets.
The ExpressWay features a lightweight, easy-to-fold aluminum frame with a low standover height and comfortable positioning.
• Lightweight, ALUXX folding aluminum frame with Cr-Mo fork
• 20 inch aluminium rims
• Fully integrated rack system for easy transport of items
• Integrated chainguard for clean, safe riding adventures
• Wide-range Shimano 8-speed shifting
• Carrier, fenders and kickstand
• Carry bag included
• Color: gray